Tuesday, October 18, 2011

Yum Yum Yum

We had our four month check up Friday!!! Where has time gone???

She did fabulous and passed with flying colors!  Dr. S asked if she was trying to start rolling over and I kinda looked at him a little funny and said (as you know if you have read the blog before) "we have been flipping like a fish for a while now!" He was kinda shocked.  His next question was is she showing any interest in toys, and of course the answer to that was also we LOVE our toys and play with them all the time!!! I made the statement she was trying to start sitting up and they were really shocked.  They thought I was crazy until they were examining her and said "wow she is trying to sit up." 

She weighed in at a whopping 14 lbs and 12 ozs (70%) she was 25 7/8 inches long (90%) and her poor little head is 16 inches (30%).

We get to start eating from a spoon!!! YAY!!!!  I have been so excited about starting baby food for a while now!  He wanted us to start rice cereal first (whoops we started that in our bottle a couple months ago) and I didn't want to wait till I got home, so we went straight to Target and bought some rice cereal and baby food and then went straight to Nana's and started eating... I think I had way more fun than Addy.  She actually did rather well Friday.  See....


But Saturday we didn't do so well and had it all over me, her, the bumbo seat, and the kitchen counter.  Sunday was a little better, but by Monday we had this down pat.

Its amazing watching her eat.  I take for granted that we know when we eat our belly's get full.  She doesn't understand that yet and I never realized that before she really needs the nutrients from baby food she has to "learn" how to eat.  I love being responsible for teaching her all these new concepts that we all take for granted.  This journey of motherhood is way more awesome than I ever expected! 

We didn't do as well with our shots this week. We broke out into a little rash on her face, stomach and back and we were rather fussy Friday night and Saturday.  But by Sunday we were in the best mood and had a great day!


This is my first bite!!! (Besides what papa has snuck in my mouth)

This is day 2 of eating from our spoon!

No comments:

Post a Comment